- While in bond, goods can be prepared for sale
- The owner can look for the market for the goods before paying the duty
- Some goods lose weight while in the warehouse so the duty paid becomes lower if based on weight.
- If goods are sold while still in the bonded warehouse, the duty passes to the buyer
- The importer has more time to arrange for payment of customs duty.
- Security is provided for the goods, so the importer is relived of the task of providing security for his/her goods
- Some goods improve in quality while in a warehouse for example, wine and tobacco.
(Visited 509 times, 1 visits today)