Consideration and Action by the Minister

Labour Laws

Inform the parties that any of the matters over which the trade dispute has arisen or is apprehended is not suitable to be dealt with under this section.

  1. b) Refuse to accept the report of the trade dispute where the Minister is of the opinion that any matter in dispute is barred from negotiation under the terms of a recognition or collective agreement in force between any of the parties to the dispute.
  2. c) Inform the parties that he accepts or rejects the report of the trade dispute
  3. d) Refer the matter back to the parties and if he thinks fit, make proposals to the parties or any of them upon which a settlement of the trade dispute may be negotiated.
  4. e) Recommend to the parties that the trade dispute be referred to the industrial court.

Methods of Conciliation The Minister may, in relation to a trade dispute so reported take any one of the following steps:

  1. a) Appoint any person (who may be a public officer or any other person considered by the Minister to suitable) to act as a conciliator.
  2. b) Appoint a conciliation panel consisting of an independent chairman and of one or more persons selected by the Minister as being representatives of employers and an equal number of persons selected by him as being representative of employees.
  3. c) Refer any matter, with the consent of the parties, to a conciliation of panel composed in accordance with the wishes of the parties.
  4. d) Withdraw or temporarily suspend the operation of any of the already said conciliation measures.

Investigation of matters related to trade disputes:

Where the Minister is satisfied that any trade dispute exists, whether or not the dispute has been reported to him, he may appoint an investigator or a committee of investigation.

The investigation shall be a person who appears to be an independent and qualified person.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *