- Organize your work in order of priority. work within possible working schedules
- Setting goals: what are my goals, how can I reach my goals in a positive way. Will my decisions create more or less stress in my life? Prioritize your activities.
- You can say no, you can cope with stress saying no to something that will add to your stress.
- Organize your life wake up early make a schedule.
- Make your decisions to avoid stress that comes from pressure. Think for yourself.
- take a break/ relax/exercise eat well get enough sleep and participate in physical activities e.g. swimming, running, working etc when you feel drained stop and take a break for example go for a walk and have fresh air.
- Breathing and relaxation. Deep slow breathing is a process.
- massage : this can lower your heart beat and blood pressure, improve circulation and relax tense muscles
- it gives you a chance to think about something other than events that causes you stress it builds your self esteem because you are helpful to be people in need.
WHY COPE WITH STRESS?
- It saves you time and money trying to treat symptoms caused stress.
- Not coping with stress may cause a decline in school or job performance and increase in personal conflicts.
- If left un managed stress may lead to mental illness or complete physical exhaustion
- It builds your self esteem. i.e. you gain control over your responses to your stress even if you can not completely control the cause of the stress
- It is an important tool for living successfully that you learn skills that you will use throughout life.
(Visited 50 times, 1 visits today)