The primary risks to the business are: Internal threats and external threats
The internal threats to the business are own staffs. For the business the internal threats are more dangerous than the external threats. Some common ways to carry out the computer frauds internal threats are during input altering the data. Another would be committed through unauthorized system use including the theft of computer time and services. People Use official computer resources for the personal browsing of internet. Internal threats also do exist with the changing/damaging of organizational data.
The intruders to the network and computer system are the external threats through the information system to the business. Some of the external threats are:
• Removal of information
• Destruction of system integrity
• Interference with web pages
• Transmission of viruses email
• Interception of email
• Interception of electronic payments
• Network attacks such as Denial of service attacks, data flooding etc.