warm site Is a compromise between a cold and hot site, combining features of both.
• Resources are available at the site but may need to be configured to support the production system.
• Some data may need to be restored.
• Typical recovery time ranges from 2 days to 2 weeks.
A cold site Is a shell facility with sufficient electrical power, environmental controls, and communications lines to permit the organization to install its own newly acquired equipment.
• On an ongoing basis, this solution is much less expensive.
• However, the time to procure replacement equipment can be weeks or months. Also, emergency procurement from equipment vendors can be very expensive.