The Act provides that the Board shall perform the following duties and functions;
- Secure the greatest possible improvement in the quality and efficiency of the training of personnel engaged in the industry.
- Ensure an adequate supply of properly trained manpower at all levels in the industry.
- Share the cost of all industrial training training undertaken in pursuance of this Act as evenly as possible.
- Review and maintain a system or systems for the holding of tests in respect of trades and occupations generally or any particular trades and occupation.
- investigate any dispute or other matter arising out of a contract of apprenticeship referred to it the Director-General and to settle the dispute amicably.
- Perform such duties and functions in regard to any other matter concerning apprenticeship as may be prescribed.
- Investigate any matters connected with this Act and take the necessary action.
(Visited 388 times, 1 visits today)