These are the features and resources a warehouse should have in order for it to function effectively.
- Ideal location: A warehouse should be located at a suitable place to facilitate receipt and issue of goods e.g. a manufactures warehouse should be located near his/her factory.
- Proper building: A warehouse should have proper buildings which are suitable for different types of goods to be stored.
- Equipment: A warehouse should be equipped with appropriate facilities for handling goods such as fork-lifts conveyer belts e.t.c.It should also be well equipped with necessary storage facilities e.g. provision of refrigerated or cold storage for perishable goods such as meat and fruits.
- Accessibility: A warehouse should be accessible to its users. It should therefore be linked with good and appropriate transport system to facilitate movement of goods in and out of the warehouse.
- Safety and security: It should have/be fitted with safety equipment or facilities necessary for protection of goods against damaged caused such things like water, fire or sunshine as well as for the protection of the personnel.
- Communication: A warehouse should have a good communication network or system for easy contact with its clients and suppliers
- Qualified personnel: A warehouse should have well trained and efficient staff/personnel for proper management and efficient functioning of the warehouse.
- Recording system: There should be a proper recording system in a warehouse to ensure that all movement of goods is properly monitored.
- A warehouse should be spacious enough to allow easy movement and accumulation of goods and personnel.
(Visited 79 times, 1 visits today)