Duties of the Landlord
• Put the tenant in possession: the landlord must handover to the tenant such means as will enable him enter into occupation.
• Duty of repair: the landlord is bound to repair the roof, main drains, common passages and installations.
• Ensure quiet enjoyment: The landlord must not interfere with the tenants enjoyment of the premises.
• Grant Premises fit for purpose: The landlord must not in such a way as to render the premises unfit for the purpose for which it is given.
• Not to derogate from the grant
• Suspend or adjust rent: The landlord is obliged to suspend or adjust rent if the premises is damaged causes other than the tenants negligence.