The SAAS characteristics are as follows:
• Network-based access to, and management of, commercially available software.
• Activities managed from central locations rather than at each customer’s site, enabling customers to access applications remotely via the Web.
• Application delivery typically closer to a one-to-many model (single instance, multi-tenant architecture) than to a one-to-one model, including architecture, pricing, partnering, and management characteristics.
• Centralized feature updating, which obviates the need for end-users to download patches and upgrades.
Advantages of SaaS are as follows:
• Pay per use
• Anytime, anywhere accessibility
• Pay as you go
• Instant scalability