The steps involved in prototyping development are as follows:
• Working in manageable modules
• Build the initial prototype rapidly
• Modifying the prototype in successive iterations.
• Stress test and user Interface optimization.
Limitations of prototyping
• Based on some kind of hit and trial.
• Practically, this methodology may increase the complexity of the system as scope of the system may expand beyond original plans.
• Incomplete application may result if the users cannot give full picture or feedback.
• Can lead to entirely different end system compared to the one originally planned.