Proprietary rights of members fall two categories namely primary and secondary.
• Primary rights include:
– Right to vote in company‟s general meetings.
– Right to capital in the event of winding up.
– Right to dividend if the same has been declared and become payable.
• Secondary rights include
– Right to received notices of all general meetings of the company.
– Right to receive copies of the memorandum and articles.
– Right to receive copies of the balance sheet laid before the company in general meeting.
– Right to inspect the various registers maintained the company.
– Right to obtain copies of registers.
– Right to petition for the alternative remedy.
– Right to petition of the winding up of the company