Definition: It is a powerful process for thinking about your ideal future and for motivating yourself to turn your vision into reality. By setting goals you choose where you want to go knowing what you want to achieve you know where you have to concentrate your efforts you will also spot destructions that can easily lead you astray.
Why set goals?
- Setting goals gives you long time vision and short term motivation.
- It focuses your acquisition of knowledge and helps you to organize your time and resources so that you can make the most of your life.
- It raises self confidence as you recognize your own ability and confidence in achieving the goals you have set.
SET PERSONAL GOALS
- Consider what you want to achieve in life
- Break this down into smaller targets that you must hit to reach your lifetime goals.
- Career-what level do you want to reach in your career?
- Finance-how much do you want to have and what stage. How does this relate to your career goals
- Education-is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular. What information and skills will you need to have in order to achieve your goals?
- Attitude-is there any part of the way you behave that you do not like, if so set a goal to improve your behavior. Find a solution to the problem.
The goals that we set must be; SMART
Set precise goals so that you can measure achievement. It is important to set goals that you can achieve.