Arbitrators or arbitral tribunals may be appointed by:
• Parties to the dispute
• Third party or body as agreed upon the parties, for example law society of Kenya.
• High court in the circumstances set forth in section 12 of the Arbitration Act.
– Where the parties have failed to agree as to who to appoint as a sole arbitrator
– Either party has failed to appoint an arbitrator within 30 days of receipt of the other partys notice to do so.
– Where the two arbitrators appointed or the parties themselves fail to appoint a third arbitrator.