The various clauses of the memorandum of association are set forth in Sections 5 and 6 of the Companies Act and are:
• Name Clause: Contains the name of the company with limited as the last word of the name where the company‟s liability is limited by shares or guarantee.
• Registered Office Clause: This is the domicil clause which states that the registered office of the company will be situated in Kenya.
• Objects Clause: Sets out the purposes for which the company is incorporated.
• Liability Clause: states that the liability of the company is limited by shares or guarantee. If limited by guarantee it must state that each member has undertaken to contribute to the assets of the company is wound up during the currency of his membership or within one year of cessation of membership.
• Capital Clause: States the capital with which the company proposes to be registered with and thereof.
• Association or declaration Clause: states the desire of the subscribers to be formed into a body corporate.
• Particulars of the Subscribers:This clause specifies:
Name and postal address of every subscriber.
Number of shares held which must be not less than one.
Signature of the subscriber held which must be attested to by at least one witness.