Communication is important to organizations because of the following reasons:
- Provides information needed for any action and decision to be taken by managers or subordinates. The information may be obtained from internal or external sources.
- Helps managers to obtain the information needed for planning purposes g. SWOT Analysis provides the information required for strategic planning purposes
- In organizing it help managers to effectively coordinate organizational activities g communicating goals or the objectives, clarifying duties and responsibilities to subordinates, delegating duties etc.
- In directing function, leadership takes place through effective communication e.g managers must motivate and direct organizational activities through effective
- In controlling, written or oral communication are essential parts of obtaining feedback or
- It permits the expression of feeling and satisfaction of social needs hence it helps build team spirit in the organization.
- Helps the employees to be informed of activities that takes place in the organization e.g. communication through notice board to employees
- Helps the management to communicate with outside partiesg. government officials, suppliers, trade union, representatives etc.