In what circumstances may the High Court order rectification of the register of members? Who may apply for rectification and what orders may the court make?

 If a person‟s name is without sufficient cause entered in the register of members.
If a member‟s name is without sufficient cause omitted from the register of members.
If default is made or unnecessary delay takes place in entering the fact that a person has ceased to be a member of the company.

Application for rectification of the register of members may be made by:
Any member of the company
 The company
 The aggrieved party
and the court may:
Dismiss the application or
Order rectification of the register and payment of damages by the company to the aggrieved party
Additionally the court is empowered to determine any question relating to the title of any person who is privy to the application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *