Meaning of Trade Union
Trade Union defined as per Cap 233 of the Laws of Kenya, it means an combination whether temporary or permanent of more than six employees and must be registered the registrar of trade unions, who come together to ensure that their interests are protected.
Advantages of trade union membership
- There is strength in numbers
- Improved conditions of employment
- Improved workplace environment/working conditions.
- Improved sickness benefits, pensions and retrenchment benefits, fringe benefits e.t.c.
- Improved job satisfaction and encourage training
- Advice and financial support e.g. redundancy.