The steps involved in prototyping development are as follows:
• Working in manageable modules
• Build the initial prototype rapidly
• Modifying the prototype successive iterations.
• Stress and user Interface
Advantages of prototyping
• Prototyping makes the development process faster and easier for system analysts, especially where end users requirements are hard to define.
• It is used for both small and large applications.
• It provides the potential for changing the system early in its development.
• Prototype systems provide opportunity to observe and jointly examine information use.
• Prototype systems may, being experimental, create a culture of change, adaption and learning.