• Right to life: this right is protected section 71 (1) of the constitution.
• Right to personal liberty: this right is protected section 72(1) of the court.
• Right to protection of law: this right is guaranteed section 77 of the constitution.
• Right to property: this right is protected section 75 of the constitution.
• Freedom of conscience: this freedom involves freedom of thought one should be able to from own ideas and follow them e.g. religious belief.
• Freedom of expression: everyone has the right to freedom of expression
• Freedom of assembly and association: everyone has the right to meet and to form groups with others e.g. the right to form and join trade unions.
• Freedom of movement: right to move all over the country. Restrictions to this right includes: if under police custody due to criminal offence, if a member of discipline forces is required to stay in barracks and in a state of emergency.
• Freedom from discrimination or discriminatory laws.