Transport is defined as the physical movement of goods, services and people from one place to another.
- Facilitates movement of goods, people, and services from one place to another.
- It creates employment e.g. drivers, conductors, pilots, middlemen etc.
- It minimizes wastage of resources where they are produced in large quantities e.g. maize plantations.
- Bridges the gap between the producers and the consumers.
- Acts as a source of capital especially in middlemen when distributing goods and thus gets income for starting a business.
- It facilitates industrialization i.e. coming up with industries i.e. good roads, airport, and railway lines through the process of transporting raw materials thus industries comes up.
- Enhances specialization
- Facilitates mass production.
- Facilitates movement of labor.
- New ideas and knowledge can be shared and transferred.
- Facilitates trade making it possible to move goods from the production to the selling points.
- Assists in exploitation of natural resources e.g. scenery
- Enables access to goods and services that facilitate the importance of life.
- Adds value to goods.
- New markets can be opened through creation of transportation infrastructure
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)