- They stimulate competition with commercial banks over deposit and other credit markets hence stimulate efficiency in terms of improved services to borrowers in the financial market.
- They have enhanced the development of financial market through the introduction of great variety of financial instruments e.g. investment deposit account,mortgages deposit account.
- Offer services beyond the scope of the commercial banks
- Through its expansion,it has created an additional vehicle for the more effective execution of the government monetary policy.
- Helps in purchasing of durable consumer and capital goods through hire-purchase houses.
- They provide financial advice to their client.
- Offer credit facilities to risky borrowers at higher rate of interest.
- Offers financial advice to various individuals and institutions in an economy.
- Increase employment facilities which leads to full employment due to the increased demand.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)