It is a form of fear wheresometimes one shrinks from familiarity and contact with other people.
EFFECTS OF SHYNESS
- Persistent shyness produces timidity resulting in underachievement.
- can lead to generalized fear of strange things and this may hinder creativity
- socially shy children tend to be overlooked and neglected the group leading to poor adjustments
- people who are shy find it difficult to assume leadership roles
SHYNESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
- replace negative thoughts with positive action
- set realistic and meaningful goals for yourself
- rehearsing a situation before hand
- acting confidently
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)