1.Impact on individual consumers-this arises due to;
- High prices due to;high costs of distribution,high advertisement and promotion costs and excessive markups.
- Deceptive practices;ie deceptive pricing,deceptive promotion and deceptive packaging.
- High pressure selling tactics being adopted companies.
- Shoddy/unsafe products being offered.
- Offering products with planned obsolescence.
- Poor services to the disadvantaged consumers ie left handed and those on wheel chairs.
2.Impact on society as a whole-this is mainly encountered in this areas.
- False wants and too much materialism.
- Too few social goods such as sewerage services which are rarely marketed.
- Cultural pollution-some adverts erode the norms taboos and values of customers.
Too much political power.
3.Impact on other businesses-
- Acquisition of competitors.
- Marketing practices that create barriers to entry
- Unfair competitive marketing practices.