Overcoming constraints to effective planning
- Planning must start at the top. The initiative and support of top management is essential for effective planning.
- Allow for wider participation in the formulation and execution of plans.
- Planning should be definite, time specific and focused.
- Goals, premises and policies must be properly communicated to all in the organization.
- Long range planning must be integrated with short range planning.
- Planning must include awareness and acceptance of change.
- An open system involving continuous monitoring of the environment should be adopted.
- Plans should be flexible – allow for change so as to adapt the changing environment.
- Train managers on the art of planning.
- Develop accurate forecasts and be objective.
- Review plans regularly to ensure that the premise still hold and allow for changes as appropriate.
(Visited 184 times, 1 visits today)