Many of the aspects of supplier appraisal are neatly summarized Carter as the ten Cs of supplier evaluation.
- Competency of the supplier to undertake the task
- Capacity of the supplier to meet the purchaser’s total needs
- Commitment of the supplier to the customer needs regarding quality, cost reduction and improvement of service
- Control system in relation to inventory, cost, budgets, people and information
- Cash resources and financial stability ensuring that the selected supplier is financially sound and is able to continue in the business in the foreseeable
- Cost commensurate with quality and services
- Consistency the ability of the supplier to deliver consistently and where possible improve levels of quality and service
- Culture: culture affects the employees‟ attitude which determines quality of goods and services.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)