BENEFITS OF DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS (DSSs)
1. Cost saving:
DSS eliminates costs associated with wrong decisions.
2. Facilitates communication:
Data collection and analysis is done with higher user participation and hence facilitates greater communication among managers.
3. New insights and learning:
The users are exposed into new insights through sensitivity analysis and therefore an agency for training inexperienced managers.
4. Decision support systems have the ability to quickly and objectively different strategies under different situations.
5. Ability to support solution of complex problems
6. DSS results into objective decisions which are more consistent than complex decisions made through trial and error.
7. Improved managerial effectiveness
Managers will therefore perform tasks with less time and effort.
8. Graphical displays
The DSS provides graphical display of information needed managers and therefore helps managers view, analyze and understand data.