Importance of active participation of senior management in design information system.
1. Information system development involves high costs and is often characterised high investment and as such, would require sound decisions and proper control.
2. The design of an information system is critical to the success of an organisation and so senior management must be involved.
3. Information system design can be used as a commercial strategy and so proper designs may put an organisation on a competitive edge.
4. New information systems may mean a resolution in the way information is created and presented to management and so senior staff should be involved in the design stage.
5. Information systems development is not just about the speedy processing of high volume routine transactions but also to provide information for decision making and so senior management should be involved in its design.
6. A properly designed system not only affects the organisations but also other stakeholders and so senior management must be aware of such stakeholders.
7. Senior management must be involved in the design of a system so as to make a real difference to successful information technology.