Importance of periodic reviews of information systems projects:
1. To ensure that information systems are being developed according to laid out standards, which guarantee quality.
2. To inspect the work of inexperienced staff.
3. To ensure that systems development is according to the project plan in terms of time spent at each stage, costs, manpower, etc
4. To evaluate the possibility of involving new methods and techniques so as to enhance systems quality.
5. Periodic reviews enable project staff to identify and correct errors early in systems development.
6. To identify problems encountered during development e.g. inadequate funds, inadequate manpower, etc